Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct pickup, Individual pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjartfri

Technical User
Jun 29, 2003
IS
Anyone know when Direct/individual pickup is to appear in CCM ?

What do you mean by "Direct/Individual" pickup? Terms across various PBX systems are often used in different ways.

Call Manager features pickup and group pickup. The first, you create a group of users who can pickup each others ringing phones with a single soft-key. Group pickup is similar but allows you pickup a phone ringing in a group of which you are not a member - but you need to know the "ext" of the group and enter it in order to pickup the call.

Group pickup is almost completely useless in our environment because voicemail kicks in after 3 rings. By the time you've picked up your phone, hit group-pickup button, remembered the ext number of the group and entered it, voicemail has usually beaten you to it.

Im working with CCM 4.0 and CCM 3.3.

I´m talking about pickup in the sense that I want to be able to directly pick up a selected line, by dialing for instance some code and then the directory number of that line.
I´m aware of that this is possible in some sense by using shared line apperances, but in doing so raises some problems.

Another thing that I´ve come a cross is the disadvantage of not being able to do any kind of pickup from Hunt groups/line groups.

Anyway I was just wondering if someone had developed this or perhaps heard when forecoming.

Regards
K

PS

This could even be as simple as; like group pickup one would just dial the line number/extension number instead of the Pickup group number.

Call Manager is versatile enough to pickup from a selected phone - you have to put all the phones into a group pickup, then use the standard "pickup" feature.

This means that you can't selected which of 2 or more ringing lines you want to pick up.

The only way round this (if there are a small number of phones in question) would be to create Group Pickups for each individual extension, matching that extension, but either in a different partition, or with a prefix. Then you could pick up individual extensions. Problem is, each phone would be a separate pickup so you'd may as well disable the standard pickup feature.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Tks for the tips.

I know, doing so I would have to choose between implementing either Individual or Group pickup, since line can only belonge to single pickup group!

Yep, that's one of my biggest bug-bears about CCM. Why can't a line be member of multiple pickup groups?

We have secretaries who have to pickup over 9 team's worth of phones. However, since those teams are in individual pickups, the secretaries would have to memorise all 9 group ext numbers.

As I previously mentioned, since we forward to voicemail after three rings, group pickup is useless. But multiple pickup groups would allow the secretaries to pickup a ringing phone fairly quickly, without having to wonder who's team is ringing. (Made worse by the fact two of the teams around around a corner - they can hear a ringing phone, but don't know which team's phone is ringing, rendering group pickup even more useless).

Please post back if you find a solution to this one!

I don't recognise those terms. What is "key system working"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back