Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Media Path between IP Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobileha

Technical User
May 19, 2015
RU
Hi folks!

I've got several bigger offices with IP Office installed and several smaller with phones connected to nearest IP Office.
All offices connected via VPN one to another (DMVPN, full mesh).

Direct Media Path enabled everywhere (h.323 trunks (not SCN), on extensions).

When I call from R9 IP Office to R7, "RTP Relay" instead of DMP is used on R7 side.

I understand that no VCM is used, but the problem is that traffic should pass to IP Office site and then to Phone site instead of direct traffic.

R9 to R9 works well.

How can this be fixed without upgrading?

--
Alexey

> You do not use SCN?

Different versions (docs say there should be same versions)
Same nubmering on different PBX (sovled by prefixes now).

I have plans for SCN, but not very soon.

--
Alexey

How are the codecs set? All IP Offices on the same Codecs?

Hi!

R9:
System settings g.729, g711a, g711u, g723
All lines and extensions default to system

R7:
System allows only select one codec in Automatic Codec Preferrence: g729 is selected
Compression mode in line setting is set to "Automatic Selection"

By the way, codecs match, as there's RTP relay, not VCM used. But not Direct Media Path.

--
Alexey

you still should be able to do a scn its just not supported by Avaya, does not mean it will not work. I have a scn with different versions working great

Hi Joe, Okki!

Do you believe SCN will solve my problem with Direct Media Path?

I will have much work to change links to SCN (renumbering of ~500 users with Auto Attendants etc), this planned for end-of-year with much testing

--
Alexey

As long as your network topology also supports DMP across all sites. You will need to mesh the VPN / network in order for that to work. Each device will need to be "aware" of the other

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back