Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Install does not work Laptops and Desktops 11.1 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulesBirch

Technical User
Apr 20, 2002
GB
Hi

I get a message "Cannot reach machine to direct install" when I attempt to Direct install the BABLAD client from the Server.

I have set a share on drive C: on the client machine with all permissions and added domain users to the Administrator group on the client machine.

I can browse the client drive C: from the Server in Windows Explorer.

I have added Domain users to the client local Administrator group.

But when I try to direct install the client from the Server I still get the error message.

I notice from the manual that BABLAD uses DM Deploy technology. I don't know if this is included in BABLAD standard package.

I can install a client on the workstation by using the Store on Server method. The client works fine when it is installed using this method.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Jules

Ping the client from the server by IP and then by name. Name resolution could be the issue if you cannot ping by name.

Also check to see if you have Windows Firewall (or any other firewall for that matter) stopping the server reaching the clients.

Hope this helps

Hi

The client does ping by IP address and by host name.

All Windows Firewalls are turned off and there are no other Firewalls present in the system.

I have also disabled all anti virus programs. But I still get the error.

Regards

Jules

Hi,
Give the following policies to the account
Local Security Policy->Local Policies->User Rights Assignment
1.Logon locally
2.Logon as a service
3.Act as part of the Operating System

Restart the babld service using the domain admin account

When trying to install the software Uncheck the option 'use domain account' and provide the user account as domain
name\user name format.

cheers

Hi

Great stuff it worked a treat. Thanks for your help.

Is there any source of BABLAD documentation/troubleshooting other than on the CD and on the CA web site?

Regards

Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back