Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct inbound toll-free# to a local at Merlin Legend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiklearnr

Technical User
Jan 28, 2011
US
I have an active local number cross-connected to a 408 GS/LS-MLX module on Merlin Legend. A toll-free line has been purchased and identified, but is waiting for me to do the programming so that when dialed, the toll-free hunts for and finds the local, and then connects to x4045, bypassing the operators station completely. If not picked up, this call will go where any other internal or outside dialed call goes...to VM, unless forwarding is active.
Would this be a function of DID in the ML? and if so, what are the steps for me to follow in winSPM?
Thanks for helping the newbie!

You would simply assign the line port that the Toll Free Line comes in on to extension 4045.

Calls to that line would be directed to 4045 and receive whatever treatment 4045 wants to use.

If you want it to FORWARD out of the building, you would need to make 4045 the "Principle User" of that line port.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Thank you, merlinman. It was relatively simple once I got the nerve up to try it. Also of help was an older thread that sent me to the Avaya site and the entire Merlin Programming manual available as a download. Haven't done the 'Principle User' piece yet - maybe tomorrow.
One hiccup though...I tested the line assignment on my own extention first so as not to foul up anybody else' phone functionality, and when I was done, I ended up with a 'Pool 70' programmed to my MLX-10DP button #6. Now, all of the incoming calls that would normally ring at their destination also immediately ring once at my set and then disappear. It looks as though they pass me by after ringing & then go on their merry little way to their original extension destination, and if not picked up, go to VM. Can't shake the button assignment at the set and don't know how to kill it in winSPM at the Legend. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back