Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Group Calling on Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan8

Technical User
Sep 28, 2005
US
Dan8

]Auto attendant answers & dial 0 to ring operator 211, she rings, now I want it to have a back up ring group because she is on the phone or not at her desk. I set up a DGC 772 & put 211 in it & made it overflow to another DGC 773 with 6 extensions in it. Can't get it to work. Is it possible to do this? Appreciate any help.

If this is a PRI, 772 will only rollover to 773 if all users in 772 are occupied/dnd/logged-out.

An easy way to do this would be to put a coverage button on the extensions covering x211 and set the coverage to delay. That way, it will first ring x211 and if not answered would start to ring on the backups coverage button.

Legend 7.0(I think) with Audix, AA=24/7, POTS lines only in switch. Customer recently had a major downsize(and more to come soon) and would like to be able to forward all of the now empty phones(approximately 50 MLX-10D's) to a destination with a live person answering. She doesn't want the arduous task of going into each mailbox and putting on a new greeting indicating so and so. Forwarding via a trunk to trunk transfer is not an option. I can't forward to a HG. There is a HG of 772 that contains 4 phones in tech support(211,212,213,214). I tried to set up a "dummy" extension, both via adjunct and physical extension, have the empty phones forward to this dummy phone, and then put coverage buttons for the dummy phone on the phones in 772. This does not work with forwarded phones. I considered renumbering the extensions to default of 71xx so when the extension is dialed from the AA, it can default to a desired ext/group, but I don't know if that is possible. It's been awhile since I've administered the Legend, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Merlinman, great to see you are still at it. I won't post any names but I'm in Chicago and I've called you a few times over the years and your knowledge is unparalleled. Just a thanks for all of your assistance over the last few years.

sorry....didn't mean to post on this thread. I resubmitted on a new thread.

Dan8
Hey guys really appreciate getting back to me on this problem & I will make it simple
with the other 7 phones with a primary cov for 211 set to delay.If they don't answer will the call go back to 211's mlbx where I would like it to go.Should I set the group cov for 211 at max 9 rings for that to happen?
For some reason I tried coverages for this customer in the past it worked then something changed & it didn't work.

Don't I need alot time before it goes to vm other than 4 rings or 211's vm will be answering before the cov sta due y/n.

It has been my experience that the delay numbers "Don't add up" correctly. You just have to experiment. The DEFAULT settings are what I like to start with, and then adjust from there. It seems that the timing kinda' "stretches" as you lengthen the various delay timing.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back