Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct extn Dial from AA (DISA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdmneil

Programmer
Jan 11, 2011
GB
I've had a search through earlier posts and it looks like a big no, but is there any way to dial an extn directly when an external caller is answered by AA. Basically, the IPO 9.0 embedded VM has replaced a BCM where people used to dial 201 etc to get to a specific extn. At the moment as soon as you press 2 it goes to option 2 of the AA

Thanks,

2 would have to be set to "dial by number" in order for a caller to press 2xx.

If you need a single digit to drop to another AA for example, a list of departments, etc. us a single digit for that which is not the leading digit of your extension numbers. For example, 9 could be Transfer to AA and you would populate that with the name of the other AA you are using as a submenu. But for 2xx to work, it has to have the action "dial by number".

This is one of the major failings of the embedded voicemail. On voicemail pro this can be done but not with embedded. I have seen embedded AAs set up with "If you know the extension, press #" which takes them to a sub AA with "Please dial the ext now" and option 2 of dial by number.

We've made a point of having our sales guys and our project managers know that when selling and implementing a new system the customer has be aware of this limitation so there are no surprises or disappointments later on.

Qz

!!!! Easy as pie. As broody81 says but also select the "Direct Dial-By-Number" option on the Auto Attendant tab.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

smokinjoe2938 said:
sounds like you need more ip office training before you comment
Who doesn't, it is almost impossible to know everything

I do, I know everything, just forgotten a lot!

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

But just to clarify Qzwsa is quite wrong, it is possible and has been for some time with no silly workarounds required :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back