Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Dial Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redprana

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
GB
My company has a BT leased Meridian Modular 32 Desktop ISDN system with a StarTalk 180 module.

We use 20 Direct Dial, ie someone dials from the outside and the call gets routed directly to the appropriate number, bypassing the receptionist.

One of the extensions has lost the settings and is not receiving these calls anymore, when the number is called it just rings constantly, but does not ring at the extension.

Can someone advise on the best way to reprogram the setup to route this call properly.

Thanks.

You will more than likely need to look at your Target Lines (124-272) and find which target line is the one that is programmed to receive the digits dropped by BT for the extension. A quick way to find out where it MAY be is to call the DID that is one lower or higher than the one you are looking for and then when the call is answered hav the person who received the call dial Feature 8 1 1 This should return to you the line number that that DID is programmed on. Now you can estimate which target line is the one you are after. Look at the received digits on the target line and make sure that they are correct for the digits you are expecting (again check out an adjacent target line to see how a correct target line should look. Look at the Target line and see if your extension is the prime set for the target line or look at the station and see if the target line is set to ring or appear and ring on the set.

simple huh?

The reason I said MAY earlier is that I found one where the DID's were strung allover the target lines and I had to look at each one to figure out where they belonged. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Jerry,
If a DID is not programmed to a target set, shouldn't it ring to the prime set?

PhM

Ok, I get you so far, how do I actually program the exchange though to route x to y, is there a section in the ccr for this, or do I access it through **config method.

Thanks for all the help with this issue.

Redprana

Arr, Yes it has a default primeset of 21/221 but it could have been deleted or DRT to prime may be turned off.

Redprana, this programming would be in **config either in Terminals & sets->line access->Line assignment->show line (scan) or
Lines->show line->XXX->Trunk/line data->
Here you can see the line type, rec'd #, if busy, primeset,clid set, and aux ring.
The target lines are from 145-272.
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back