Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Dial & Dest. Code HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutalis

Technical User
Jan 15, 2007
CA

I have a client who's system crashed and I replaced the KSU but have 2 remaining issues. No.1: unable to program 647 as a dest code & No.2: unable to program direct dial digit.
The system is a mics with xc4.0 s/w, 2 pri's.
Dest codes are: 0,1,289,411,416,611,905,911 (all are absorb none), (and 88, absorb all, until I can get 647 working).
Call Park code is 7
No line pool codes
Hunt groups start at 810
There are no extensions in the 500 range.
Client has many M7100 sets so they had digit 5 programmed as direct dial digit to call 999 (voicemail dn).
Under direct dial I can make 999 any one of the 5 direct dial sets but when I go to access codes and then to direct dial it says "not available" when I press "change" to try to make the direct dial digit 5
This has become a real thorn in my butt so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

DN 647 does not exist (already changed to 871)
Call Park digit is 7, as mentioned in my original post.
Active DNs are all in 300 range.

How close can you get to 647, in other words, can you get 64?, or 646, I see you got 611. So, it's not 6's.

I can get to 64 then it allows no more digits.
Am offered "any" after the 6.

Put in the any after the 6 then go back in and do View fir the desti code of 6. Does it show as any of them being unavalible? Also I think 8xx numbers were used for the Companion phones so maybe instead of getting rid of 647 you just changed it for one of them.

If any number can't be used in destination or access codes, that number is being used somewhere in programming, including unused, potential ext. numbers. The trick is to find where it's being used and change it to a number not needed.

I'd re-check your B-2's. I ran into a similar issue reprogramming a MICS XC on a weekend. I scratched my head for about an hour before tracking it down to a B2.

When you get into port/dn status, will it let you enter 647?

Thanks everybody for your great help. I found dn 647 had somewhere along the line been changed to a hunt group dn so maintenance told me there was no valid dn at 647 but it could still be dialed as a valid ext. number as a hunt group dn.
Now I guess I will have to change dns 500 thru 599 so I can use 5 as a direct dial digit unless you gurus can come up with a quicker fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back