Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkegler

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2002
US
Is there a way that the access can be changed on the Post Office from Client/Server to Direct WITHOUT a member of the IT Staff physically doing it? I am getting a lot "I Don't Know Who Did It" and am trying to decipher the information I have. Thank you.

Anyone with enough rights, access to ConsoleOne (in the Public directory) could do it. It that access is limited to your IT staff, then they would have to change it.

R.Sobelman

Yes - I do understand that part, but what I was wondering - is there ANY other series of events that could change this setting. I know I am fishing and someone just needs to "fess up" - but thought I would ask. Thanks

I would think that you should be able to look through the Post Office logs and at least find out when it was done. That would help narrow it down. Making that change to the Post Office should trigger an Admin event that gets logged.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Home of the BLUEGUNK Punk

Thanks - I did look, so I know it happened at 9:25 AM today. Hmmm... so that narrowed it down to 3 people. Oh well. Just mad that it took me an hour to figure out what had happened. Thanks again!

You can right click on the Post Office object (not the agent object) in ConsoleOne and select Information from the drop down. This will at least tell you the "Last Modified On:" date and time, plus also the "Modified By:" user. Granted this Modified By information is whatever station that the change was performed from. Which might not necessarily be the person that logged into that station.
Later!

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Thanks FarOut. For future reference, because of course, when I do that now, it shows that I am the one who modified it. That being when I returned it from Direct to Client/Server. Thanks for the Tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back