Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dinamyc LOV from DB with a lot of data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parahall

Programmer
Jul 4, 2010
IL
Hi Guys,

It will be great if somebody will help me to found the solution...

I have a LOV that defined on table that have 36933 rows.
There is two keys in LOV:
1) Router Name
2) Interface Name
all parameter`s have a multiply selection.
for each router exist his unique interface`s.

When i`m running report,it`s show LOV properly.
In Prompt, If i choose only one router - it`s display interface`s of this lone router in second parameter window as needed.
But if i choose more than one router, it`s still display in second parameter window only interface`s of first router instead that in DB there is another interface`s.

I test it on small table with 10 rows and it`s working fine. Only when i`m using table with a lot of data the problem`s happen.

Please help :) I`m already want to kill myself :)

I attached the screenshot of the issue.

You are noticing the scroll bar in the second window right? Dynamic parameters will return up to a total of 1000 values, so if selecting two in the first selection results in more than 1000, you won't see all the values. I think there is a key in the registry that you can change to increase this number, but any changes have to be made with caution.

-LB

lbass,
thank you for you try to help :)

but.. for one router there is no more than 30-40 interface`s...
therefore if choosing two router`s at most in window of interface i must see 80 interface`s...

It should work then. How did you set up the record selection formula? Can you post it here please?

-LB

lbass,
when you say " record selection formula" what exactly did you mean?
datafoundation in Bo? or what? :)

Are you using Crystal Reports? This is a CR forum. Go to report->selection formula->record to find the record selection formula.

-LB

lbass,

I`m using Crystal Report XII.
I don`t using record formula for select. I`m doing it through command in subreport.
Parameters working from LOV in BO that i makes...

In your attached image, you are showing that you have set up the dynamic parameter somehow, and this involves using the CR interface. I don't think you can set up a dynamic cascading parameter just from within a command. If you just set up the parameters within a command, then you have not created a dynamic cascading parameter, and the second list of values will include all possible values, not just those related to your first parameter selection.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence. Can you confirm that the issue is that when you have multiple values in your first parameter, not all of the values expected are showing up in the list for your second parameter?

Where did you create the parameters--in the command or using the CR interface? Where did you set the values = to the parameters?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back