Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensions explode when palced

Status
Not open for further replies.

katcar

Technical User
Jul 17, 2002
US
Got a problem. I have an existing dwg that I am updating w/ our new standards and when I go to redo the dimension they are automaticlly exploded. I have ran across this many times but just can't seem to find a way around it. Thanks for the help!! Kat

What version of atuocad are you using?

Does the drawing you're working on have a script file, VBA, of Lisp file associated with it that may be causing this problem?

Kevin Petursson

Dogs come when they're called.
Cats come when they're interested!

Its the DIMASO system variable (or DIMASSOC for 200+).

DIMASO DDIM
Type: Switch
Saved in: Drawing
Initial value: On
Controls the associativity of dimension objects.

Off Creates no association between the various elements of the dimension. The lines, arcs, arrowheads, and text of a dimension are drawn as separate objects.
On Creates an association between the elements of the dimension. The elements are formed into a single object. If the definition point on the object moves, the dimension value is updated.

Autocad-LT - When we create a drawing, the arrowheads are filled, but when you do a print preview they are unfilled instead, and the same when printing off as well.

Any answers plse !

Check it in the properties dialog box. That is the only place I know where you can change the arrow head. See if closed filled is the arrow type.
Kat

Cobley,

Autocad-LT - When we create a drawing, the arrowheads are filled, but when you do a print preview they are unfilled instead, and the same when printing off as well.

Don't 'hide print' in plot dialog box.

With kind regards.
syskplim@streamyx.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back