Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital to Analog adapter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTCInc

Vendor
Feb 7, 2007
US
We have a situation where we are using Avaya 2410's and 2420's and would like to bridge an external analog loud bell. Wheelock manufactures several different external devices but they are all analog.
Anyone know of an adapter that could plug into the digital wall jack where you could bridge an analog pair for the external loud bell and still use the 2410 digital set?
Thanks in advance for the help!

What you can do is wire the device to an analog port and make that port an abridged extension of the digital line.

Kevin

Are you saying to use a different extension (analog) all together and program (abridge) that extension on the PBX terminal to the digital extension with the 2410?
They will ring at the same time?
Can you tell me what the program name is on the terminal if this is correct?
Thank you

An abridged extension is an analog bridge of a digital station. Add an analog station. On page 3 of the station form change it from 'call-appr' to 'brdg-appr' with button 1 and the extension number of the digital set. You will have to set the 'bridged call alerting' fields to 'y' on both the digital station and the analog station.

Kevin

Note: The bell will only ring on calls on the 1st line appearance of the digital set.

I know we use a data module on some of our 2420's to run fax machines or cordless phones... You can give them the same extension or an entirely different one as well if you like.

I Think you need a Tip-Ring adapter, so you can use a completely Different extension directly atattched in the back of the extension
it is call: 200A Module Analog Adjunct Interface, it is alike the 8411 Phone wich came with the analog port integrated in the back of the phone.
the code of avaya for this adapter its 108332446, and it cost about $150 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back