Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital Signature Not Found - Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne228

MIS
Jul 11, 2001
CA
Having trouble updating IE5.0 to IE6.0. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 6.0 from Windows Updates page didn't work due to constant errors, "The following file in the software package you want to install is not signed." Then it would give random system files like cdfview.dll, inetcpl.cpl, etc.

This is what I have done and still NO luck:

1. Clean re-install W2K (yes, re-format h/d and everything).
2. Install W2KSP3 from CD-ROM, not thru web connection.
3. Try to install IE6.0 from CD-ROM, not thru web connection.
4. Try to install in Safe Mode.
5. Replaced the .dll, etc. files that kept appearing in the "digital signature" error messages.
6. Select "ignore" for file signature verification.

No matter what I do, I still get the "Digital Signature Not Found" message during IE6 setup. Please, any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks.

some times ago i had same problem, then i clean uninstalled IE6 and other version. and installed it again, it is working fine now. see threads

thread608-555580
thread616-554489

Knowledge is a key of success.

This IEradicator is not for W2K with SP3... What about just uninstalling from Windows Components in Add/Remove programs???

Add/Remove will not 'Clean" uninstall,. download programme from above given thread it will delete even a single file related to IE. then try to install IE again

Knowledge is a key of success.

FYI: This didn't work either. Neither did changing the value of "SFCDisable" in the registry....or trying to change the sfc.dll file. I will see what else I can try...

So, after running Windows 2000 repair process, determined that h/d is damaged. Will replace it and start again. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back