Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital sets at a remote site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironhorse17

Technical User
May 7, 2010
CA
I have a customer that has a new car dealership with a Mics 7.1 would like to keep the system, has two used car dealerships in two different cities 10 and 15 miles away, is there a way of adding digitals sets, 4, at each of the remote locations? What equipment would they need and carrier?

We use a Citel 4100 setup (Gateway and EXTender) for a small remote office. We have a T1 at the main office and a cable modem at the remote site. We also have a POTS line at the remote site (it connects to the EXTender) for 911 and internet outages.

It works out after you get it setup, but it takes awhile to get all of the various settings configured to work with your internet service, so it's not exactly plug and play. It's VoIP, but after spending a few days tweaking settings the voice quality has been great ever since.

I have set up a 1000 and a 4100 both. with the 4100 my customer needed to set up a VLAN and they had some problems with their firewall but when finally done worked ok. Background music was a no-go though.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thank you that is the information I needed as far as not being plug and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back