Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital Mobility Master Handset cant register new phones ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

explosivegrey

Technical User
Apr 27, 2011
DE
Hi there,

I am trying to register a new handset via a master handset but i cant get through...

The documentation is not showing the prompts that i receive on the master handset...
I choose -> ext services -> config. user -> add -> find pos or enter pos -> ipei -> ac -> no spec rights -> prima ch --->>>> PRIMA CH. No. ... I cant find any info what this prima ch no is and I tried already a lot of different numbers but the response is always "fail" after I enter anything there

Any ideas?

cheers,

explosivegrey

Much easier to program a handset using the Digital Mobility Controller tool.Download it from your Bcm and connect using the comm port on the controller.

Hi gberger,

thats what we are mostly doing... BUT we have a lot of locations all over europe and if one 4145 is damaged we sent out a new one and give the information for the stuff so they can register the exchanged phone by the master handset...

After the rebranding with Avaya you cant go to the ext services menu... so any ideas how we can handle that?

were you able to find a solution explsovegrey

in a similar situation where we are unable to login using the OAM tool

Does anyone know where I can find the Digital Mobility tools (software) to program the DMC? Thank you

@Senk1s yes I was able to fin a solution... The problem was that the old DMC firmware doesnt support the new Avaya branded 4145 & 4135 phones... There is a new flash load to avoid this problem but u will not find on the avaya website.

@Ejv4080 u'll find all needed software directly on the BCM webpage.... Just enter the IP address of the BCM in your browser ...

thanks explosive grey ...
The flashload - is that for the phone or for the DMC?

btw we are using Nortel branded phones

The flashload is for the DMC... There are also flashloads for the base stations online ... But I never saw anything like that for the phones. The sad thing is that Avaya still put old files online and not the recent ones. We received the first Avaya branded 4145 in March 2011.... But I still prefer the blue globe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back