Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

digital link unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

modulistic

Technical User
Feb 7, 2008
US
I repaired a t1 PRI span for my customer, but I still have an alarm. when I pull up the alarm it shows digital link unavailable, even though the pri is in use and working. I also had a netsync source alarm, which I cleared. Anyone know what is going on?

Is it possible that you programmed more than 1 span and only connected 1?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

sorry, 3300 mitel 9.x

no programming changes have been made. The error popped up this AM, and I noticed trouble on the T1 span. I changed a pair and none of the alarms cleared. There are two PRIs working here, and both are up and running.

over my lunch break a new error popped up.

ISDN VDsu-25 mod 4 port-1 Unknown Component APDU!!!!!!!!!

I did a DTSTAT CLEAR and the PLID of the t1 card. the alarm cleared, but I dont know how or why.

That would have been my suggestion but the description of the problem and the messages did not match my experience.

The DTStat clear command is sometimes required depending on how the PRI failed and recovered. It remains in a alarm state to flag that a noteworthy event has taken place and forces you to clear it manually. I haven't nailed down the circumstances that create this scenario but it does exist.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back