Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital Licenses on the new Mitel Mivoice HX ? Help ! upgrading from a Mitel 5000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambola1uk

Vendor
Nov 29, 2013
GB
we are currently upgrading a customer from a Mitel 5000 to a HX, we were able to transfer all the sip licenses through the AMC, but now we are stuck with the digital licenses as this come as standard on the 5000 (we have 32 of those in use) but seems that for the HX you need to pay for those licenses,
We were under the impression that mitel was offering them free for customer upgrading to the new HX but now they seem a bit confused(even AMC) on how to do that

Has anyone been on this situation before, can you advice on the right procedure??

Thanks!!

In that situation I would have applied Software Assurance to the old AMC record, then changed the Hardware ID on the AMC to the new ID from the new compact flash card.

Sorted, no need to transfer any licenses anywhere.

Older 5000s pre V4 I think didn't have licensing per Digital phone, now you need CAT E licenses to make them work. I would think you will need to get your Mitel Account Manager involved to get this sorted.

Hi Dave u r spot on there, as it is a 5000 v3.2 so we didnt have license for digital phones,but now for the HX we require CAT E, so obviusly we want the 32 that we have in use at the moment transferred FOC.
The thing is that AMC UK advice me to create a new application record for this customer, they have transfer the other licenses that we have i.e sip licenses & we have use the new ID from the flash card, but now we have the issue with the digital licenses so I am a bit in the middle between our distributor & AMC as doesnt look very clear whats the procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back