Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital and Analog Modules upgrade from 7 to 11

SpectrumTech

Technical User
Jan 3, 2006
CA
I have a non-production IPO 11.1.3 controller and I need to know if connecting the digital and analog station modules with older release 7 software will upgrade the modules directly to 11 without the doing the steps procedure (first to 8 then 9 then 10 then 11).

Can I do a shortcut upgrade for the modules only?

I just want to update the firmware of my spare modules to the latest release.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Can't recall that I ever tried it but it shouldn't be a problem. Stepped upgrades usually are for maintaining the configuration integrity during the upgrade. The modules only hold firmware not any configuration. Worst case you will have to do a DTE recovery if it fails to upgrade.

Can't recall that I ever tried it but it shouldn't be a problem. Stepped upgrades usually are for maintaining the configuration integrity during the upgrade. The modules only hold firmware not any configuration. Worst case you will have to do a DTE recovery if it fails to upgrade.
Thanks bro for the reply, I haven't done the DTE recovery. Do you have any documentation or steps on how to do it?

There used to be newer FAQs on the process but it looks like the newer ones might have got lost in translation to the new TT format. This older one is a basic explanation of the process. Difference being you connect to the DTE port of the module and use the same AT commands. It should get the files from the SD card of the IPO 500 it is connected to when it looks for files.

I think the steps were only for the controller to increase the memory allocation.

In Manager go to File - advanced - upgrade and it should show the modules. Obviously manager needs to match the controller for this.

It is the same basic instructions. The actual FAQ seems to have gone away with the update.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back