Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digit Stripping? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecielo

Technical User
Sep 2, 2002
US
We have a Definiity G3 Release 8. Our long distance carrier is sending us 10 digit DID's and our station numbers are 4 digits long. What do I need to do to get the switch to recogize the Did's and route them to the proper station.

Thank you in advance for your help

If you've never done this, I recommend you ask Avaya or a business partner to do this for you.

But if you want to do it yourself, look at support.avaya.com and search the I&M documentation.

The command to do this is "change trunk-group xx" and the incoming call handling is on the 4th page.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

You need to get used to it a little but, it is great once you understand how it works..
I'll give you an example:

Service/Feature Called Len Called Number Del
public-ntwrk 9 123456789 5

will result in the last 4 digits being addressed as your extension.

You can also do a complete replacement ;

Service/Feature Called Len Called Number Del Insert
public-ntwrk 9 123456789 9 1111
Where 1111 is a VDN for example or a completely diffrent single extension number than the DID digits.

Or when you want to want to send it to a diffrent extension range than you have on the outside range (masking of real numbers)

public-ntwrk 9 123456789 6 1
Will replace the first digit of your extension range with an assigned digit and carry on the last digits.
Be carefull with this last one because it can create a mess, if you do multiples.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Are you sure there are sending all ten??? Are you talking about DNIS digits from a 800 number, or is your Long Distance now providing you your local calls as well? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

first let me say I think site is great ;
now for the question can you do a range

public-ntwrk 9 123456xxx 6 1

xxx being any digit ???

Thank You

I am all set..I remedied the situation by getting the carrier to send only the last four digits of the DID's. Thanks for everyone's help

yes, pabell that's the idea, don't fill in anything for the XXX digits, as long as the number of deleted digits leave the number of digits yo need, so if you need 4 digits, and you get 10 , delete 6 .
That takes care of your ranges
If you'r number is 1234567890, and delete 6 your extension becomes 7890.
When somebody dials number 1234567891 it would route to 7891.
Now if you wanted to send that off to internal extension 8890, you do a delete 7 and insert 8, so the first digit gets replaced with an 8.

Hope this helps
Rob

telcoguy
where is this in the system?
I know where it is for outgoing but not incoming.

This should be on trunk form page 3
I checked and found that the form is not there if you change the group type to anything else then ISDN though.
I assume you have PRI's ?

I resolved this issue through the Telco. However, since they are sending me 4 digit Dnis will this effect our ANI? At this point, only 4 digits are coming through on the users display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back