Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digit munipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

optionman

Technical User
May 16, 2005
US
I want to pass 10 digits on a specific DID from my Nortel to my Cisco, right now i am only sending 4 digits. In the Nortel, how do I change ext 5990 to say 512-358-5990

I'll bet you are using CDP - so you'll need to break out that 5950 from the steering codes, and have it point to its own Route List that references the new DMI you built to insert those digits.

The order to do all of this is
1. Make DMI table - LD86
2. Make new RLI - LD86
3. Set/Change steering codes - LD87

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

5990 is going across it's own route and it is broken out of CDP. So if create a new dmi of 14, a inst of 5123585990, how do associate that particular 5990 with dmi. O'yea, I made ctyp npr, is that correct?

Based on that, and since I can't see all of your config, the safe way to do this without a big analysis is as follows:

revised
1. Make new DMI table - LD86. It'll DEL 4 and INST the complete number (minus the 9)

2. Make new RLI in LD86 where ENTR 0 selects the trunk ROUT needed to process this call. At the new RLI's DMI prompt, enter what you created in step 1.

3. Change CDP steering code LD87 so the RLI is the one you made in step 2.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

that would mean you need an rlb for just that number.. not a problem unless you have tons of them.. other was to convert number are maxp 1 acd and idc tables.. on an idc you can take a did and change it to 91xxx1234567... assuming your allowing trunk to trunk and the inbound trunk has ncos to allow then call... i've also used app builder for that when i needed a work around..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back