Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digit insertion at end of dial string?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2003
US
Is there a way to insert digits at the end of a dial string???
Exp: 1-(xxx) xxx-xxxx #**
Can the #** be inserted by the Option 11 on a piticular trunk at the end of the dial string?

Thanks in advance!

The answer is both YES and NO, it all depends on if you want all phones to do this or just one phone and if you want all phones to do this are they calling just one number. a little more info is required like what do you really want to do?

Ace.
Yes, I am using a Satellite as a trunk. The Nortel requires a # to signal the end of dial string (LD 15) And the Sat requires two stars to start a call through the pbx. I would need the inserted #** to be inserted on all dialed numbers from all phones utilizing that trunk only. (This is on a 250' vessel.)
If I have to I will just train my users to put the #** in after the dial string, I just thought that maybe there was an easy way for the switch to do it for me at the trunk or route level . The old sat didn't require a start code and I was trying to make the change over transparent to the user.
Thanks again in advance for the support.

Ace

We don't use Nars or Bars on our Vessels. ACOD's only.
CLS of all phones are UNR. We only have three Cellular and two Sat trunks.

Then you will have to put the #** manually or you could make an ADL or a Speed Dial key and put the #** there.

ACE,

Good to go!! I will train my users to insert the #** at the end of the dial string.

Thanx for the help.

Jaye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back