Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digit delay string 1

comfortinntechci.com

Systems Engineer
Mar 24, 2024
US
I am trying o set up a button that will allow me to dial a telephone number pause then send a string of digits once the call has been answered. For example

9+212+555-1212 ( pause 6 seconds ) then 1234567890

I have tried several button methods but it will only dial the telephone number but will not pause and then send the string of digits.

I haven't tried it with IP Office but the typical way on some systems is to add commas, so 9212551212,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1234567890

On those systems that accept it, each comma is a certain amount of time so you test and adjust as needed

Try 1235y1234

"y" should work. Doctor any why y but it's y instead of D, P or W.

92125551212,PPPPPPPPPPPP1234567890

You may have to adjust the amount of "P" you put but this should do it. The time on the "P" starts when the dial number is done so this is dependent on how long it take to find a line out and then how long the device at the other end takes to answer the call. This is going to dictate the amount of "P",s you need.

you can also build a shortcode that may work for this better. You can use D or Y

D = Wait for Connect Wait for a connect message before sending any following digits as DTMF.

Y = Wait for Call Progress Message Wait for a Call Progress or Call Proceeding message before sending any following digits as DTMF. For example, the Y character would be necessary at a site where they have signed up with their telephone service provider to withhold international dialing until a DTMF pin/account number is entered that initiates the call progress/proceeding message.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back