Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digit Conversion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

opleyer

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2002
LU
Hi there!
I have 2 different telecom-providers and both assigned a dialplan. The first one sends all digits that are dialled after the headnumber (example: 44444-xxxx where xxxx is the extension). When dialing out to the PSTN the called party can see the full number and that's fine.
The second provider has assigned a 3 digit plan, so I make a digit-conversion on the route with the command
NUTRI:ROU=xx,ENTRY=xxx,PRE=1xxx,TRC=2,CNVTYP=0,NUMTYP=02,CONT=0;
This allows me to add the missing digit to the extension.
Now, the problem I have is on the outbound via that route. It seems that the MD110 is sending the 4 digits of the extension and the telecom provider cannot identify these in his dialplan I guess and therefore only presents the headnumber. Is there a way to remove one digit of the extension-ID when dialing out via the second route? The same as I add a digit when the call comes in, I would like to remove it when dialling out.
Thanks for any comments and support.

sorry, i don't think it works.this will make the md to send 27755xxxx,still need to use
nutri:entry=xxxx,trc=1,numtyp=11,cnvtyp=1,trc=1;

Thanks folks for your support on this.

Can you tell me (for my own knowledge) what the different settings mean?
I understood so far that
NUMTYP 10 Public Network
NUMTYP 11 Private Network
I use NUMTYP 2 in my initial NUTRI-command. What is the 2 for? Are there other possibilities?
what are the meanings of the different CNV-types?

I'm sorry!!! Yesterday I was really wrong with NUMTYP at NUTRI.
Probably MDMAN was in the correct way.

Your route is defined as Public in RODAI. (D4 VARO=1 public, =0 private). But is defined as Tie Line at ROCAI (D3 SERV=0 Trunk Line, =1 Tie Line).
NUMTYP in RONDI is Network specific (3), but in D3 of ADC is 5 (I don't know the sense of a 5 in BC10), I think D3 of ADC should be 3 too.
In this way, I think NUMTYP in NUTRI should be 3 too.
But the configuration of your route is really confusing.
You could try with ROCAC:ROU=81,ADC=003000000000250000;
and NUTRI:ENTRY=277551,ROU=81,TRC=6,PRE=27755,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=3;
Some commands are differents in differents versions. Maybe, it would be better that you ask for it to the technnical service

Thanks! Well, I did already ask the technical service some time ago. Guess why I am asking help in this forum? It's a nightmare...

well, we will go slowly. You need try several configurations.
I think you have configured the route as public becose a license. I have done that one time and it works fine, it shouldn't be a problem.
ADC of the route that you has sent have 18 digits, check it. I think number five was in fourth position not in thirth position. D3 is for public and D4 is for private, and 5 means private unknown number.
The important thing is concordate the type of number in all parameters.
Type of number:
0 unknown public
3 network specific
5 unknown private
you have in EXNOPU 3-27755
In this way you need in route ADC 0030000000000250000 (19 digits)
And NUTRI:ENTRY=277551,ROU=81,TRC=6,PRE=27755,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=3;

If it doesn't work fine change to: (unknown public)
EXNOPU 0-27755
ADC=0000000000000250000 (19 digits)
NUTRI:ENTRY=277551,ROU=81,TRC=6,PRE=27755,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=0;

NOTE: I suposse that you have a BC10. If it isn't tell me which it is.

Yes, I do have BC10.
Can you tell me the differences in Numtyps? 0, 1, 2, 3 etc?

GuauGuau,
I tried to make a ROCAC, but CAT is missing. Any idea what to enter?

I told you ROCAC, it was a mistake.
Changing ADC:
RODDP:DEST=0; (View configuration)
RODDE:DEST=0;
RODDI:DEST=0,rou=81,SRT=2,ADC=0030000000000250000; (Change)

NUMTYP:
0 Unknown public
1 International
2 National
3 Network Specific
4 Local Public
5 Unknown Private
6 Local Private
7 Level 1 Regional
10 Internal directory when sent to public network
11 Internal directory when sent to private network
12 Internal directory (Used when search continues)

NUTRY NUMTYP can be all of them

RODDI ADC D3 can be 0,1,2,3,4 (public numbers)
RODDI ADC D4 can be 5,6,7 (private numbers)

RONDI EXNOPU can be 0-xxxx 1-xxxx 2-xxxx 3-xxxx 4-xxxx
RONDI EXNOPR can be 5-xxxx 6-xxxx 7-xxxx

RONDI accepts EXNOPU and EXNOPR at same time

ROCAC doesn't admite CAT.
EXCAC or KSCAC yes, ROCAC admite ROU SEL SIG TRAF TRM SERV DIST DISL NODG and BCAP.

NUTRI CNVTYP can be:
0 Received B-Number
1 Sent A-Number and sent connected number
2 received A-Number and received connected number
3 Bearer capability/high level compatibility substitution

if both of your incoming line connected to public exchange then you can't do anything about that..if 1 from public exchange and 1 for your private network then you can do as what i show you on above.That already tested on my LAB and working fine.
private network mean that the Q-sig which connected to your own network which didn't go through the PSTN.

Dear all!

I would like to express my thanks to all those who responded to my request. All your answers were definitely helpful to me and I used the feedback from you to figure out where the problem could be. Obviousely my system is configured in a bad way and I escalated this to the local Ericsson people. I hope that there will be some reaction in the coming days (weeks?) on their side. I will make a final post to this thread to inform you on the outcome.
Thanks again.
Rgds
Oliver

The End of the story!
I finally managed to transmit the whole number to the net. The link is a public network and not a private one. To transmit the number I had actually only to truncate the first digit in the issue was solved.
NUTRI:ENTRY=1xxx,ROU=81,TRC=1,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=10;

THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED TO THIS THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back