Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digit Conversion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

opleyer

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2002
LU
Hi there!
I have 2 different telecom-providers and both assigned a dialplan. The first one sends all digits that are dialled after the headnumber (example: 44444-xxxx where xxxx is the extension). When dialing out to the PSTN the called party can see the full number and that's fine.
The second provider has assigned a 3 digit plan, so I make a digit-conversion on the route with the command
NUTRI:ROU=xx,ENTRY=xxx,PRE=1xxx,TRC=2,CNVTYP=0,NUMTYP=02,CONT=0;
This allows me to add the missing digit to the extension.
Now, the problem I have is on the outbound via that route. It seems that the MD110 is sending the 4 digits of the extension and the telecom provider cannot identify these in his dialplan I guess and therefore only presents the headnumber. Is there a way to remove one digit of the extension-ID when dialing out via the second route? The same as I add a digit when the call comes in, I would like to remove it when dialling out.
Thanks for any comments and support.

Use CNVTYP=1 in the nutri command. CNVTYP=1 is used to control the Sent A-nr and the sent connected number.

Hmm.
Doesn't this affect the inbound-route digit-conversion? I mean with the command I mentionned, I actually add a digit to the incoming number so it fits my internal extension-plan. My extension start at 1000, so 4 digits. The dial-plan I have from the second provider has only 3 digits, starting with 000. With my command I add a 1 before the 000. I don't really understand the difference on the command you've sent...
Can you explain this to me more in detail?

Another question I have is, if there is a way to display the configuration settings of the NUTRI-command? I have assigned lots of digit-converstions on extensions and would like to view these. Is this possible?

CNVTYP states the traffic case to which the conversion applies.
CNVTYP=0 means traffic case = received B-number. So only the received B-nr will be changed.
If you set CNVTYP=1 (sent A-nr and sent connected nr), only the sent/connected A-nr will be changed (which is your directory nr).
If you state in the NUTRI command ENTRY=1xxx,ROU=1,CNVTYP=1,TRC=1, then when you make an outgoing call via route 1 the sent A-nr (=1xxx) will be truncated with 1 digit. So the number sent is xxx.
BTW CNVTYP=2 means traffic case is 'received A-nr and received connected nr).

You can check the settings only with NUTRP. There you can check for every traffic case what digits are converted.

Thanks for your help, but I'm still having problems. I entered different commands, below the results:

First, I tried to add extension 1033 into the route 81 (second provider with 3 digit dial-plan) and assigned CNVTYP=1:

<NUTRI:ROU=81,ENTRY=033,PRE=1033,TRC=3,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=2,CONT=0;
NOT ACCEPTED
TOO MANY PARAMETERS ENTERED

Then I tried to make it as I used to enter the command:
<NUTRI:ROU=81,ENTRY=033,PRE=1033,TRC=3,CNVTYP=0,NUMTYP=2,CONT=0;
EXECUTED

After this I gave it a try by doing this:
<NUTRI:ENTRY=1033,ROU=81,CNVTYP=1,TRC=1,NUMTYP=2;
NOT ACCEPTED
NUMTYP
NOT IN RANGE

here is the print of the entry:
<NUTRP:ROU=81,ENTRY=033;
ENTRY=033
CNVTYP=0
NUMTYP=2
ROU=81
PRE=1033
TRC=3

Does this help to identify the problem?

With CNVTYP=1 you cannot add the parameter CONT and the paramter NUMTYP should be 10 or 11. 10 for public networks and 11 for private networks.
Your command should look like this I think:
NUTRI:ENTRY=1033,ROU=81,trc=1,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=10;

This command states that when dialling with 1033 over route 81, truncate 1 digit of the sent A-nr. 1033 then becomes 033.
In order to do this for all extensions in the 1xxx range, you can use ENTRY=1.

Thanks!
Still doesn't work.
I have tried to assign Numtyp 11 (private network) for the entry. Result-> Not allowed. Numtyp not existing. So I have assigned Numtyp as before (2).
Then I have defined extension 1033 with your command and got it executed, however the full number isn't displayed. The called party still only gets the headnumber 27755. The extension 033 is still missing.

Now I saw something else. The technician that installed the link told me that this is due to licenses. we had to buy licenses for the Private Network to make the Extension-transmission work. That's what we did (quite expensive deal) but I just had a quick look on LIDAP.
It shows that I have 60 allowed (59 used?) External-Line-ISDN-NET and 30 allowed (0 used) External-Line-QSIG. Could it be that this technician loaded the licenses but didn't assign them?

Back to extension 1033.
NUTRP shows now:
ENTRY=033
CNVTYP=0
NUMTYP=2
ROU=81
PRE=1033
TRC=3
CONT=0

ENTRY=1033
CNVTYP=1
NUMTYP=11
ROU=81
PRE=
TRC=1
CONT=0

Numtyp=11 can probably only be used if you have private trunks installed, which you haven't according to the licenses.
Try using numtyp=10 instead.
To change the outgoing (sent) A-nr you must use CNVTYP=1. Depending if your route 81 is a private or a public route you use resp. NUMTYP=11 or NUMTYP=10.

Also make sure you have the ADC parameter of the extension set correctly.

Are you using this route 81 to connect to the PSTN or to a private network (QSIG)?

Route 81 goes to a private network on QSIG.

What parameters do I need to pay attention to within ADC? As I mentionned in a different thread, I have very limited info on MD110-config. I do only have some basic commands and a some printouts from Dynatext. For the rest, I am on my own...

This ADC parameter is for digital extensions, so change with KSCAC:dir=,ADC=;
D4 of your ADC parameter should be set to 0, D10 should be set to 1 (D1 is on the far left, so ADC=00000000010). This will allow the extension to sent its number to the network.

Judging by your printout of your license file you don't have a QSIG connection. If you could provide the printouts of the route config I can have a quick check what settings you need for NUTRI.
The route settings I need would be RODAP:ROU=81;
ROCAP:ROU=81;
RODDP:DEST=xxx; (xxx is the DEST that goes to route 81).

My ADC-settings are fine then, I guess.

Here are the require infos:

<RODAP:ROU=81;
ROU=81
TYPE=SL60
VARC=H'00000200
VARI=H'16600000
VARO=H'06010000
FILTER=NO
END

<ROCAP:ROU=81;
ROU=81
SEL=013110000000001
TRM=4
SERV=2111000007
NODG=0
DIST=30
DISL=128
TRAF=03151515
SIG=311110000031
BCAP=111111
END

<RODDP:DEST=ALL; (I filtered it!)
DEST=0
ROU=81
CHO=
CUST=
ADC=005000000000250000
TRC=0
SRT=2
NUMACK=0
PRE=
END

To this I need to add something. There are a whole bunch of other numbers that mentioned, unfortunately I have no clue what they are associated to.
I can export them and send the file via email to you if this is possible. To write them down in this thread will just be too long.

There is something strange in your route settings. I have 2 more questions:
Can you sent the NUTRI command for route 81 with CNVTYP=1 and NUMTYP=10?
To what is this route connected? (to a public exchange, another PBX,etc).

Concerning the NUTRI command, I used exactly the one you've sent to me and changed the NUMTYP to 11 (Private network)
NUTRI:ENTRY=1033,ROU=81,trc=1,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=11;

The route is connected to an AXE10 (I think) which is the switch of our second telecom provider.

Let me know if this helps or if you need any other info.

Hi!
I haven't got any documentation here, but maybe can be a problem with RONDI configuration? Probably not, but it is another command to compose A-sent numbers.
You can print it with RONDP:ROU=X.
Good Look!

This gives the following:
<RONDP:ROU=81; (PRIVATE NET)
ROU=81
PRE=
ROUDIR=
EXNOPU=3-27755
EXNOPR=
TERAC=
END

<RONDP:ROU=76; (PSTN)
ROU=76
PRE=
ROUDIR=
EXNOPU=2-40142
EXNOPR=
TERAC=
END

Hi! As i told i can remember well this command. But if Route 81 is private, you need use EXNOPR parameter instead EXNOPU. If number isn't well composed, you can't traslate it well with NUTRI.
A-number is composed with EXNOPR (private route), or EXNOPU (public route) and extension number.
in your case: 277551xxx. This is the number that need be trastale. But if it is a private route you need send:
RONDI:ROU=81,EXNOPR=3-27755;
The number 3 is the parameter NUMTYP, i dont't remember if it is correct for compose private numbers. Tomorrow I will search it in documentation, now i cant't becose i'm at my home.
Sorry my bad english and my bad memory.

Thanks so far! I'll be patient until tomorrow and wait for your feedback! Just note that we have 3 digits on the private route (vs 4 on the public one).
27755xxx Private route
40142xxxx Public route

I’m not sure if the route is private. MDMAN surely will tell you if the route is private or public analizing route parameters.
MDMAN told you a very good information with NUTRY, but I think that you need traslate the whole number, like that:
NUTRI:ENTRY=277551,ROU=81,TRC=6,PRE=27755,CNVTYP=1,NUMTYP=10;
Or NUMTYP=11 if it is private.
It’s mandatory be sure if the route is public or private becose RONDI and NUTRY. MDMAN maybe could help us about this, and maybe with TON (Type of Number) in RONDI (at EXNOPR=3-27755, TON is the number 3) too.
I think that you could probe with the new NUTRI.

you can try this,
rondi:rou=xx,exnopr=5-27755
see what will happen.if not mistaken md will sent the number 27755 to you private network.and check on your extension adc value.try to put the adc on your extension open to send a-numer
for analogue extension the adc last digit open to 1 and for digital the second last open to 1. try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back