Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digit Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivaprakash

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2002
US
Hello there,

I got one PSTN number from business to route the calls when BCP situation. Apparently PSTN number is 16 digits length. This is valid number from Austria ( I have tested, its going through)

Now Question is i cant use the Vector - route to step because its accomodating only 16 digits, i need 17 digits after ARS code

Sameway VDN Variable also, it is accomodating 16 digits. I am sure i need to use the Digits conversion...etc. is there any smart way to do it?

System: G3xV13 Software Version: R013x.01.1.628.7

Thanks
Siva

1. Create an x-port station.
2. Put the desired "route-to" number in the remote-coverage table. You have 16 digits available in the remote-coverage table, so COMPLETELY fill one and then put the remaining digits on the very next line. The system will read the two lines as one entry, as long as the first line is completly filled.
3. Create a new coverage path, pointing to the new remote-coverage entry (r1, etc).
4. Assign the new coverage path to the new x-port station.
5. Modify the vector so that your "route-to" command points to the new x-port station.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

Brilliant! Thanks Susan, i shall try and come back
Thanks,
Siva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back