Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digi 30 station help

Status
Not open for further replies.

billkennedy32

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2004
CA
I reset the digi 30 moudle now ; before what was happing the red light would come on, I have repalce the cables and reset it , now the green light comes back on and shows up under the control unit, but still doesnt work, there is power going to the unit , and one last thing i can think of when you go to the upgade it doesnt show the moduel there only under control unit.

Any ideas how to get it back up

Thanks
Bill

yea reset through the consol , just at-x command

Bill

try cycling power to both, apply power first to the DS30 then the control unit

Have you checked in monitor to see if the expansion unit is recognized?

I dont belive so , but ill check again,

why would it show in the control units, but no where to be found when you try to do the and upgrade, its like it cant get its config . very strange

Hello.

What version is on the IPO and what manager version are you running?

If you look in your manager directory you should have a file called bin.cfg. It looks like a normal config file.

If you right click on it and select open with notepad it will open up as a text doc. When you are trying to up grade a unit it needs to have a valid entry in here for it to see the bin file.

If you are using a wrong manager version you may well not have a correct entry in here.

You havent been very clear regarding versions etc. If you can give me a better idea of versions, manager version etc i maybe able to help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back