Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different VM message if user is on another call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirGibson

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2003
US
I'm running an IP Office 406 with VM Pro.

Some of my users would like for incoming callers to get a different VM message if the user is simply tied up on another call. In other words, if the user is simply out of the office and doesn't answer his phone, they hear VM greeting 1. If the user is actually on another call but doesn't answer the new incoming call, they hear greeting 2.

The phones are set up with 3 line appearances, so the incoming call never hears a busy signal. I know that this would be easy to do if there was a busy signal involved, but there isn't.

Is there any method I could use to get VM to notice that the user is on another call and play a different message when no busy signal is involved?

Also, I realize it's counter-intuitive to have several line appearances and the users simply don't pick up on new calls, but the thing is, sometimes they DO want to pick up on new calls, and other times they just want to let them roll through to voicemail because they're on other important calls. When they do let them go through, they want the caller to hear a message such as "I'm currently on a call with another customer and will call you back immediately" as opposed to a generic VM greeting.

No solution i know about. I usually tell customers to record a greeting with something like. Hello this is matthew from tek tips. I am currently not at my desk or on another call. To try and find me please dial 0 now otherwise leave a detailed message following the tone.

Use the reserve last call appearance and a different message if using 3 call appearances.

cheers

IF VM Pro is on intuity mode then you can use the "Route by Call Status" action within VM Pro wich determines from wich status the call was routed to VM.
e.g. "Not Answered", "Busy", "Out of hours" etc., each diversion has its own greeting and subsequent follow up actions. Read the VM Pro docs.
There is also a action for different routes for internal and external callers.

you can setup different greetings in the voicemail from the voicemail menu, without going into the administrative tools.. at least in ip office mode..go to the personal greetings menu (3) and then option 4(administer call types) then you can have it use different 1's by call status.

We've made this kind of call flow for one of our customer.
You need VMPro.
Create a huntgroup for each user who wants two different VM messages.
The hunt group is group mode, callWaiting ON, Queing ON, VMail ON and contains the user.
Use HuntGroup StillQueued start point in VMPro to transfer the caller to Greeting2.
Use huntgroup Leave start point in VMPro to transfer the caller to greeting1.

When a 2nd call rings the user (through its group), it will notify user during Queued message and music. After that it'll go to greeting2 (through StillQueued start point).

When unique call rings the user, it will rings during NoAnswer Time (of its group) and go to greeting1(through Leave start point).

However you need VMPro.

A second solution is to create a User Variable and a condition test.
You'll test the result of the condition $POS>n
where n is the rank of the call.
This solution is more powerful than the first but also more complicated. You need very good knowledges with VMPro.

Courage !!! Comme dirait mon patron : "AVAYA c'est Plug&play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back