Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

different types of errors while submitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilBelgium

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2001
BE
dear all,

an application has gone live today, and there are lots of people filling in a questionnaire.
Trouble is, some people have received error messages, yet the data WAS inserted into the db (access).

Now unfortunately I haven't got sufficient feedback from people as to the precise errors they are getting, but what I'd like to do is tell people which ones they can ignore, and which mean they need to re-submit.

Currently, I have people submitting five times, receiving an error, yet their data is inserted five times.

Does anyone know the most common causes and which can be overlooked?

many thanks, neil

p.s. I realize this is due to the number of consecutive users - the application works fine if only one person is using

I think that the problem is the web browser version.
The same problem happened to meet when i made an application using ASP 3 and VBsript.All users they had internet explorer 4 or lower had the same problem with errors but the data had been entered in the access bd.
I haven't find the solution yet, so i detect the users browser version and i redirect them to microsoft to update :) (easy solution)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back