Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTMI

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
Hey All Running IP500 Latest Software.

Have 1 Phone number that comes in to a MAIN Huntgroup and rings 4 phones

I want second line coming in to a PRIVATE Huntgroup on same 4 phones with a different ring.

Is this possible? How do you achieve this?

Reason being they want to know if a call comes in on a private line with out looking at the phone!

Anyone have any other ideas?

-Justin TMI

i have looked into this recently and the answer is no unless you have analogue phones in the group then you can change the ringer type...

another option ould be to put a bell or a light on an analogue extension in either of the groups and then you should be able to tell which one it is...

or give them phone manager, then they dont have to take their eyes off of the screen

haha i was going to put that...pop phone manager or just ask them again nicely to look

That's the issue....they don't want to have to look at anything. We already have it displaying that the call came in on that special line. They are using 5420's so it works well in that regard. They are all Mac users so phone manager is out of the question right now.

It's just somethign audiable and the analog phone is a good idea but it will not work in this situation as it's a doctors office so a loud old school phone isn't a solution for us here based on the enviroment.

Keep the ideas coming, thanks!

use a light instead, nothing crazy like a strobe but a light that they could all see would flash on and off when ca call came in....in very much the same way a bell would ring

Use a flashing light for this
You can set an alerting device in a group when there is/are calls in a queue
You can set the amount of calls in queue

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

the only way is to have an analog trun card and a ananlog extension that you can loop the calthoug so that it has an internal ring

Tried sorting this out a couple of weeks ago with the local disty and thats all they came up with

Robb

Can someone tell me a make and model strobe light is known to work with IP Office?

Melmac I don't know your locale but we use these cheap and easy;

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

I am in the States actually, but thanks for that just the same. :) Anyone have a confirmed model available in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back