Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different ringing for different hunt groups 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
Hello all, hope everyone is staying safe and staying healthy!!!!
I have a client that is a small car dealership and they have certain extensions that appear in two hunt groups Service and Parts. What they are asking is for the Service Hunt Group to ring one way and the Parts Hunt Group to have a different ring or distinctive ring for the respective hunt groups.
I have programmed extension individually to ring #1, hunt group #1 (Service) to have ring #3, and ring #4 for hunt group #2 (Parts)
Any thoughts or ideas on how to accomplish this.
Many thanks
Datajockey123

Distinctive Ringing
Available on software version 6.0 or higher

You have 4 choices per F*6 default being 1
The setting is found in Lines, Sets and Hunt Groups

Workarounds for older software:
-Ring Groups (ILG) with one 7100 set in the middle with ring pattern X
-On existing set with Algo ringer plugged into the headset jack (20' max line cord)
-On existing paging system & KSU utilize the Aux ring (if not in use) just for one dept.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I changed the ring type in hunt group to a different ring (type #4)and then backed out of programming and tried the AA to choose the hunt group and it rang the same.
I went back into programming and the ring type both on the extension itself and the hunt group reverted back to ring type #1
For some reason the choice of ring type 3 or 4 reverts back to ring type 1
What am I missing or haven't done for the programming to stay in place?????
Please advise
Dan

What about 2?

If the ring type is in use then the system will not let you choose it.

System might be glitched out at the moment.
In your case maybe a reboot is required then try to program it again.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I changed the ring type in hunt group to a different ring (type #4)and then backed out of programming

You have to move forward to save your selection before you "back out of programming".

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back