Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different MENU for defferent user in FPD26

Status
Not open for further replies.

PankX

Programmer
May 10, 2002
ID
Hi, i want to create different menu for different user, any idea how to make this happen using the menu builder in one menu file ?

Thank's
Pram

You can use the SKIP FOR option to pass user dpendent parameters and filter the menu.

Example..
Name uGroup
Mike = A
Sam = B
Tom = A
Ramani = B
You = C
He = A
She = C
whoever = Z

Now in the Skip for option, you can use..
SKIP FOR uGroup $ "C"
OR
SKIP FOR ! uGROUP $ "ABC"

Make sure the uGroup is available when the menu is run. Could be done thru a login prior to running the menu code.
:)

Hi, your idea is make the menu disable. But what i want is to make the menu is disappear.

e.g. :
Username : AAA can access menu master and transaction
Username : BBB can only access menu transaction

When AAA login, the menu is master and transaction
but when BBB is login, the menu only show transaction.

Any idea ?

Thank's before.
Pram

PankX,
"skip for" method use usually,
to all see whole sw possibility,
as user may vary rights,
and skilling is sufficient once for all.
set sysmenu to mymenu1...2, or right mouse menu
in special cases
Tesar

Pram,
If there are a limited number of different user types, why not just create a separte menu for each one. Then just have your program use the appropriate one based on the user login.

The alternative is to create a menu with all the possible entries, and then after the login determines the user type, go through the menu and delete all the "wrong" entries for this user with the RELEASE BAR ... command. Remember that the menu is just another table and it is well documented.

Rick

Yesss !!! Finally i can make the menu like what i want. i use rele bar and rele pad statement.
Before activate the menu after define it, i check my right list, and release the pad and the bar. Then i activate the menu and the menu is customizing like i want to.

Thank's for you all !!!

New problem :))),

i got a message program too large. it came from the menu. so i split the menu into 2's.

menu1 = menuA,menuB,NextMenu

for the nextmenu i set the procedures to do menu2.mpr

menu2 = PrevMenu,menuC,menuD

my question is, how to rele menu2 and back to menu1 if i press the PrevMenu ? (which command i must use for it ?)

Thank's
Pram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back