Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different GW for SIP Extensions & SIP Trunks NS500 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Support

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2023
GR
Hello to everyone,

I have a NS500 configured and running with the sip trunks from my ISP Provider. I have also some configured some Panasonic Mobile Softphones and some with other Android apps that they operate remotely. Because my ISP provider requires passing through his gw in order to register the sip trunks i have configured the PBXs gateway to be his router. Is it possible to use another gw for my remote extensions and keep ISPs' for the SIP Trunks? And what settings do i have to enter in the media relay tab in order this to work?

Thanks for every answer in advance.

So, your PBX is connected to ITSP's router (or switch) and not to your LAN. And your ITSP has an isolated VLAN without Internet-access for it's SIP-trunks. Is that right?

ROUTING_NS500_rouply.jpg

MRG_s0akdy.jpg

NAT_jvr6vi.jpg

Problem solved. I configured the pbx for use with my main gw and routed all the traffic to the ISPs IPs through ISP's gw via policy routing in my router. Everything works as expected. Thank you very much for your time. The problem was, that my dns resolver, sometimes doesn't resolve pbxmobile.panasonic.com and i had to manually enter a static dns entry in my router. I figured it out spoofing packets with wireshark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back