Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different data sources for Headers and Body 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manch

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
US
First, I want to make sure I am in the correct forum. I am using the Crystal reports tool that comes with Visual Studio .Net 2003. If there is a more appropiate forum please let me know.

My question is fairly basic as the last time I used Crystal was over a year ago and I am not a power user by any means. I would like two data sources for my report. One for the page header and footer, and another for the body. Is this possible and if so what is the best way to do this. I am not looking for detail here, just a nudge in the right direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Manch.

You might use the main report as the header/footer, and a subreport to accomplish the equivolent of the details (or the reverse).

Otherwise you might create a more intelligent data set using a View or Stored Procedure to return all of it in one data set.

-k

synapsevampire,

I didn't think of including both tables in one dataset. I am new to .Net and still think in terms of the old recordset object. Thanks for the advice!

Manch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back