Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different colors for different jobs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TudorSmith

Programmer
Jan 14, 2002
GB
Hi all!

I'm running Service Center 3.0 sp5.

In my sc.manage.problem.g screen, the format opens to reveal a "qbe" grid of all jobs currently open in my queue.

I have yellow rows for unassigned jobs, white rows with blue text for High Priority jobs, and white rows with black text for normal jobs.

The users are asking...."Can we have a different color row for jobs that are resolved?"

Does anyone know how I can assign a different color to a row, when the job status = "Resolved"?

many thanks

birklea birklea ~©¿©~ <><
I know what I know...don't presume that I know what I don't! Smithism!!!

Should be able to do it. In Forms Designer, open up sc.manage.problem.g and take a look at the table there. Read the ForeColor Condition and BackColor Condition. There are probably statements that look like:

[fieldname]?&quot;value1&quot;,&quot;value2&quot;,&quot;value3&quot;:1,4,6

Where fieldname is a field displayed on the form, &quot;value[1-3]&quot; are possible values for that field, and 1-3 are the colors that will show up. values and colors match up in order (ie, value1 will be color 1, value2 will be color 4 and value3 will be color 6). So, you'll need to add another pair of values for resolved and whatever color you want. To figure out colors, look at the ForeColor property. The colors are in order starting from 0 (ie Black=0, Red=1, Green=2, etc).

That worked a treat!

One star winging it's way to you!

Thanks again

Now here's an additional question...hope you can help?

The table itself displays all job tickets. The Users would like me to eliminate from the list any job that has a status of Resolved (Yep, they changed their minds...instead of setting a color, they just don't want the job to be displayed)

How do I find the data source for the table, and subsquently hide the jobs where status=&quot;Resolved&quot;

Thanks

Quick answer:

In the user's problem/incident profile, there is a setting &quot;Initial Inbox&quot;. They're probably using a group profile. Find out what that inbox is named, then edit that inbox and change the query.

In-depth:

To get to the profile, go to Incident (or Problem, depending on your version) Management, then Security Files. Click Edit under Users, type in one of the userid's for the group. That will show you what group profile that person is in (hopefully it's a group profile). Then click Edit Group, then Edit Profile to see the profile. On the Views tab is the Initial Inbox field. Get the name of that inbox. Back out to the Security Files screen. Click the Inboxes button, then Edit an Inbox, All Inboxes, choose the one you found in the profile. Go to advanced options and make the appropriate modification to the query (probably adding &quot;and problem.status~=&quot;Resolved&quot;).

Another helpful tip that worked a treat!

Thanks birklea ~©¿©~ <><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back