Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different Color different areas of Gantt Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa02000

Technical User
Oct 18, 2011
US
I would like to show different colors on different areas of Gantt Chart to make it easier to absorb the information visually. So for example, the area on Gantt Chart corresponding to tasks rows 1 to 9 could be green, area on Gantt chart corresponding to Tasks rows 10 to 19 left with no color, area on Gantt chart corresponding to tasks rows 20 to 28 green again or yellow and so on.

Any tips/ helps would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Sorry the closest you can come would be to draw colored areas and send them to the back of the Gantt chart. I wouldn't recommend as it is bother some at the very best.

You might find showing Gridlines on the Gantt row helps. Right click in the background, select Gridlines from the short-cut menu and select Gantt row. You can draw lines every task or any other interval.

I hope this helps.
Julie

Julie,
Thank you for your suggestions. I suspected there may not be a way to do exactly what I wanted to do but gridlines with different colours can be helpful. Additionally, I ended up picking different colour for the rows on the left where tasks are listed and that atleast partially does it.

Thanks again.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back