Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Differences when running SPROC locally, or over a WebPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris921

Technical User
Mar 9, 2004
GB
Hi

I'm running a stored procedure through my C# code and when I run this locally, the stored procedure works correctly.

However, if I compile my C# application (builds successfully) and then run it remotely through its URL, the stored procedure doesnt run properly.

Its not the code, or permissions (as I have the same permissions for use locally as well as remotely) - all I want to know is - are there usually any differences between how SPROCS act when called in differing environments?

I'm using the same database underneath as well - all thats different is I'm running it through its URL rather than by debugging and stepping through the code.

Unfortunately I cant provide the code, because of ownership rights - however I can guarantee its right (checked by many, many people) - someone mentioned transactions to me as a possible cause - anyone able to help (even with my limited amount I can say?!)

Cheers!!

It was a blank field in AJAX request for content header :)

what do mean by not properly ?- at all ?, wrong results ?
Presume your calling the proc from ADO.NET with the lastest drivers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back