Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Differences in MySQL-databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

blekfis

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
SE
How come this difference?

INSERT INTO `db1_search_wordlist` VALUES ('bara', '251', '0');
INSERT INTO `db2_search_wordlist` VALUES (0x3237, 3861, 0);

Data from two different databases on different servers, both using phpBB. But why that difference in the database?

Trying to move phpBB-forums from one server/db to another, but got a few problems. Since my users mostly use nordic letters like åäö (not sure you can see those, but å can be seen when entered into HTML. An a with a ring over it...) I had to convert some chars from the db into correct HTML (å etc), otherwise the output on the new server would be some rubbish when it came to special chars. Problem is when converting, words cannot be found when doing a search with one of those special chars. And since words are entered into db as a strange string I'm unable to change it there.

Could a solution for me be downloading all files related to the db and upload the needed stuff at the new server?

Anyone with a clue?

I have noticed on phpMyAdmin there is a collation column,listing different language options. I do no profess to know what it means but this may be the difference you are looking for.
Perhaps someone could point us to an explanation, written in non geek speak.

Keith

Problem is PMA times out since I have ~45000 tables in the db I'm moving to.

Tables :) Running a phpBB-forum hosting site

I have noticed on phpMyAdmin there is a collation column,listing different language options. I do no profess to know what it means but this may be the difference you are looking for.

Had a look at this for a smaller database on same server. It looks exactly like the other server, so my guess is that's not a solution... Thanx anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back