Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TLU64/1 AND TLU76/1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MirkoGradassi

Technical User
Apr 15, 2005
IT
What are the main differences of this 2 tipe of boards= TLU64/1 and TLU76/1?

In past, i did connect my BC9 system with asterisk machine via tlu76/1 and pri EuroISDN.

Now, a customer with passive TLU64/1 board want to use it to connect with an asterisk machine, does it work exactly like a tlu76 board or there's some differencens?

Thanks
Mirko

Hi, it should work the same...

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

In AU the TLU64 is for TPH14 protocol (Old Telstra) & will not work with properly ETSI. Symptoms are chanels 17-31 one way speech. TLU76 has ETSI eeproms & works OK with ETSI. TLU64 can be programmed but MAY have problems depending on country it was released in.

I'm working with IT application System and everything seems to work fine. I've setup the connection and I've not enconutered the problem you report.

Thanks for report.
Bye

In AU the TLU64 works fine with ETSI as long as route is programmed correctly and correct latest prom used.The channel numbering is different for ETSI(thats why one way speech ch 17 up) There were some problems at a few sites with 120 ohm cables where you have to cut straps on TLU64 boards-this seemed to depend on distance to NTU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back