Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference between RAS and enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganjass

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I have recently purchased Crystal 10 Advanced and as such have received the RAS CD as well, my company want to do a lot of scheduling (round about 200 reports) and a lot of report running, my impression is that RAS will not handle large volume scheduling especially with the 3 thread license. Although i have seen that there is a
Crystal Enterprise™ Professional Special Offer on the crystal web site, which proports to do everything, Could someone clarify the differences between these variations and which are better for heavy scheduling

Thanks in advance

Your impression is correct. The RAS product that ships with CR is designed simply to be a web front-end to a low-end report distribution system. It was not intended for heavy scheduling. Crystal Enterprise is the product for scheduling, distribution, and security. You have various licensing options, scalability, security, and SDK access.

RAS was put into the CR product to support small companies that previously used the web component that was included in earlier versions.

Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back