Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference between NTAK11 and NT1P70AA cabinets - no TTY output

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanzer

Vendor
Jan 11, 2008
US
Hello all,

It's been a moment since I've done a CS1000 lab - but we have an Option 11c SSC card (NTDK20JA) we'd like to use in an extra chassis we had around. We had a few extra NT1P70AA chassis around that were used for off-premise T1 remotes. We're wanting to use this lab to setup and clean telephones, test functionality of the handsets, etc.

My question has to do with the cabinet itself. The SSC card works - as it comes online, initializes, and one of the line card's lights even goes out. From all indications, the system appears to function normally.

I have the NTBK48AA octopus cable that splits the DB9 out into multiple TTY ports. I also have the Ethernet adapter and an AUI for it as well.

However - I get the jest that there may be a difference in backplane pinouts between a regular NTAK11 shelf and an NT1P70AA shelf, as I'm not getting any console indication whatsoever. I'm using a null modem adapter as well that I know works. Have tried multiple baud rates, different cables, all the usual things. I am not getting any lights either on my AUI adapter as I would expect.

Is there really a true big difference between the backplane of the NTAK11 and NT1P70AA shelves such that I will have to get a different cabinet for the TTY ports to work? If so, I can see about acquiring the right chassis if that's the case. Just trying to find out what I need to get this working.

Thank you!

Was the NT1P70AA cabinet used on the later MG 1000 software CPPM releases?. If do, then I recall that it just used a single TTY port as the Media card would that had the 4 SDI ports.

I'll see if I can still find my old notes.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

The biggest difference between the remote (NT1P70) and the core (NTAK11) cabinet that I can tell is the AUX port is a DB-15 instead of DB-9, which makes me think the pinouts may be different on the SDI also. Even with the remote carrier card I wasn’t getting any console either, so could be a bad backplane perhaps? Or maybe my SSC card’s TTY ports are bad?

I want to say I remember that there was a reason people upgraded the cabinets when the newer SSC cards came around, and this might be why.

Would a MG1000E cabinet also suffice? If it would I could get one of those instead of the wall cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back