Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference between Audix and Intuity Audix 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltw500

MIS
Feb 4, 2004
US
Can anyone explain what the difference is?

Thanks!

Definity Audix is a board that is resident on the switch itself. It has less functionality than the Intuity as far as add ins (things like Faxing, Message Manager, POP3/Internet Messaging), but the actual voicemail portion works pretty much the same as the Intuity. I would imagine that you have less hours of storage than on the Intuity, which is it's own server, but I don't know for sure.

marcell55 is correct. There are 3 types of Audix's you will come across, Definity Audix/Definity Audix Slim (3 or 2 slot board), Intuity Audix (standalone box, i.e. Map5, Map40, Map100), Audix LX (Linux based Audix in its own computer tower case). There are others out there such as the S8300 IA770 Audix and the dreadful IP666/DefOne/S8100 Audix that resides on the hard drive.

We are looking down the road to get to the 8700 here from the G3R V9. How do you like the IA770? We have a few s8300's in our field service offices. We are not operateing at full cap with those yet since we are still Definity G3R here at HQ. Also, do you have experience with 8700 and the Octel(?) VM?
I am having issues with getting faxing to work with MM 5.0 the Intuity map 100 we currently have and I am hoping that with the 8700 and the octel we can get rid of fax machines all together and use the message manager to its full potential.
I am greener than green but like this stuff and seek knowledge. SO much to do So much to learn.

ptmanjim,

Our Audix is still on the G3R PBX so I'm not sure I can answer your question. I can tell you this. I just came from a place working with Octel and went to Audix. I really like the way Audix programs and that I can use ASA to program it, however the capabilities and reporting do not seem as good as in the Octel. I am actually about to post a question re: history reports in Audix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back