Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference b/w PPR and PPX reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

badhri

Programmer
Apr 8, 2001
US
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the difference between PPR report and PPX report. When I try to host the Powerplay repot into the web it expects a PPX instead of PPR.How do I convert my PPR into PPX. Is it version specific.Kindly Help.

Thnax in Advance,
Badhri

Hi,
ppx is PowerPlay Portable report,
ppr is PowerPlay for Windows Report.
On the web you must use ppx report. In you PowerPlay client where you have created your report, when you save your report you can save it in ppx format ...
hope this help.

Hi Stevev,
I am unable to save the report in the PPX format. Kindly help.

Badhri....

Hi, what version of PowerPlay client you have ?

I'm with PowerPlay Client 6.61, I've open a ppr report that I just created and I'm able to select "Save as" option and save it in ppx format...

Do you have any error message ?
Steve

Hi Steve,
The version of Powerplay I am having is Powerplay6.5. It comes with PeopleSoft(ERP System)... Is there anyway I can achive PPX from this..

Regadrs,
Badhri...

Hi Badri,

Sorry. U need to upgrade as PPX feature was introduced in PPlay 6.61. Another piece of information. U can open a ppx report from Excel client for PPlay even.

Bye

Vivek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back