Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIDWW, SIP and the IPO v4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew2400

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2007
US
Does anyone use DIDWW. All of a sudden I have no audio during calls. The call establishes, is answered, then no audio. I packet trace shows chronic pings coming from the IPO for some reason. If you sniff the traffic using your favorite little hijacking utility. You can actually hear the audio going in both directions (due to UDP). Any ideas?

Drew

Were there any changes in the Firewall?
Have you tried to reboot the IPO and the Firewall?

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

There were no changes to the firewall and no changes to the IPO. And... The config was rebuilt by hand completely from 4.1 to 4.2.
Drew

Have you set the Public port in system > Lan1/2 > to 5060?
Does your SIP provider use Stun, if not put the Stun server ip to 0.0.0.0 and the Firewal to Open Internet.

If the settings aren't changed, then mostly a reboot of the firewall or the IPO will solve the problem.

Greetzzz...Bas

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Okay. So I've been going round and round w/DIDWW. Keep in mind now, that I've been running DIDWW ever since SIP trunking came out for the IPO without problems. Is anyone using DIDWW right now? Or has used it in the past?

I believe it may be the upgrade to 4.2 that caused it to stop working.

Do you get errors in monitor ?
I had an issue in 4.1.15 and was solved in 4.2 so i do not think it is 4.2 to be honest

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I did put WireShark on the line and could see pings coming from the IPO right after every packet. They say there is nothing wrong.

4.2 is the only change made since it stopped working (actually it was the latest 4.1 maintenance release possibly).

Drew

There were no changes to the firewall and no changes to the IPO. And... The config was rebuilt by hand completely from 4.1 to 4.2.

Nothing changed but you rebuilt the config??? I would say rebuilding the config from scratch would qualify as a change.

Sure you didn't miss something or make a typo?

Positive. I've verified the config. And being is that it's an incoming only connection there isn't much to check.

Here's the thing. I believe there has been a change since the last maintenance release of 4.1 and carried over in 4.2. You can see excessive pings and there is no audio. The call is established, so we know that setup appears to be going okay. However, there is no audio. Now, if I "sniff" the connection using our favorite hacking software Cain and Abel, I can actually hear and record the audio going both ways using Cain yet I can't hear anything on the other ends. So, RTP packets are traveling across the network. Neither side is hearing anything though.

So, I'm interested in seeing if anyone else has DIDWW and and IPO that is at 4.2 and is having problems.

VERY frustrating,
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back