Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iriestar

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2002
We have did's (xxx)xxx-1xxx however, our dialing plan does not allow us to use ext begining with 1. How can I map these DID's to 2xxx. Thanks a mil for your help.

Are they coming in on a ISDN-PRI? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

If not have you ever used second digit dialing? Is it to late to get a block of DIDs you can use? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

May be you can insert some digits on the first page of the incoming trunk-group. I like insert AAR feature access code and/or additionaly 3-digits to route such call over AAR DIGIT-CONVERTION to extensions.

Regards

phoneman and Dimas could u eloborate a little more. I have the same problem but need a little more help on your answers

Ok.
"we have did's (xxx)xxx-1xxx however, our dialing plan does not allow us to use ext begining with 1. How can I map
these DID's to 2xxx..."
On the first page of the trunk-group:
Digit Treatment: insertion Digits: 8678
(Note: In my case 8 is AAR feature access code, 678 any digits to find this string in AAR table, but look for no concurrences)

Then go to the CHANGE AAR DIGIT-CONV table and :

Matching pattern___Min_Max__Del__Replacm.String__Net
6781xxx_____________7___7____4______2____________ext

Any questions?
There is a possibility to lose dial tone for incoming overlap calls if it is a problem for you try to use only aar access code in the field Digits:8 of trunk group and use aar digit-convertion:

Matching pattern___Min_Max__Del__Replacm.String__Net
1xxx________________4___4____1______2____________ext

Regards

Dimas, looks like a good idea.
iriestar, One thing you might want to check first, see if you can get the LEC to send you digits that fit your extension range. There is no need to get a different block of numbers, just ask them if they will do translations for these did's to digits you want. Some will balk at this but they can do it if they want. I was switching some T1's to a clec and they were very cooperative with doing translations on a whole bunch of existing numbers and with a new block of numbers.

Phoneman2 it is ISDN-PRI....Bobg1 I will contact the LEC...Thanks for your help.

INCOMING CALL HANDLING TREATMENT
Service/ Called Called Del Insert Per Call Night
Feature Len Number CPN/BN Serv
other 4 1xxx 1 2xxx

Give this a try if the lec is unable to help
This is page three or so on you trunk group that the DID come in on. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Thanks Phoneman2...worked like a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back