Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID with a different area code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkView

Technical User
May 26, 2005
US
I just found out that I need to make a DID with a different area code target to a specific set. I am wondering what the best way to accomplish something like this would be. I am assuming that I am going to have to change my public numbers from only being four digits to having to be seven digits as my first step. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Can't you change your OLI to send out the area code and number from that phone even though it is not from that area.If the CO let's the OLI out you can put any numbers out.I've seen 000-000-0000 on call ID.

Do you know how many digits they are sending with this new number? Because if it is 4 and it don't interfere with anything in your system then you would just treat it like the others that you have.

Are you tring to receive a DID number into the BCM?
Is it just 1 number?

Your original question isn't very clear on what your tring to do.

A little more info would help.

just like hawks said. It doesn't matter what the area code is. The CO will send you the last 4 digits of the number. Assign it to a target line just like your local DID's.

As acewarlock said, more information please.
Incoming? PRI? POTS? What is your current setup?
How many digits are you receiving now?
What is the number range? You need to avoid conflicts.

NARSBARS

Sorry about the delay in getting back. I have been out of the office. Let me explain better if I can. All of the DIDs ride on a ISDN PRI. The format of all of the DIDs is say 216-475-xxxx. The new out of sequence DID that I just found out about is say 330-492-xxxx. This unique number has to target to one phone and one phone only. I will have to talk to the CO to determine how many digits I am actually receiving. Is it possible to see this information in the monitor? As always thanks for your help.

YES you can see this in the Monitor. Just make sure the phone company is sending the same amount of digits as the other DID numbers and that it doesn't conflict with your numbering plan.

As long as the receive digits are the same length, and the last four digits do not match you should be OK.

NARSBARS

If it's just one number than it's probaly not a DID, it's just a (POTS) plain old telephone service and you can have the phone company just point it to the DID ext of the phone you want to get the call. I do this all the time .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back