Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID Trunk to DID Trunk Transfer calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

triad1

Technical User
May 25, 2004
US
Trunk to Trunk calls, both routes are DID routes in the trunk to trunk transfer call. For example, when I am on one trunk group and try to place an outgoing call on the other trunk group, I receive the intercept treatment. However, if I use a Tie route and place an outgoing call on the DID route the call is place without the intercept treatment.

EXTERNAL TRANSFER
You can change indv users in the set CLS.

(FTTC) Flexible Trunk to Trunk Connections Conditional allows
trunk to trunk connections for supervised Conference.

FTTR Flexible Trunk to Trunk Connections Restricted denies
trunk to trunk connections for Transfer and unsupervised
Conference.

FTTU Flexible Trunk to Trunk Connections Unrestricted allows
trunk to trunk connections for both Conference and
Transfer.

Or.... System wide

EXTT (NO) YES (Prevent) Allow unconditional external Trunk to Trunk transfer.
Enter YES to indicate that a caller can transfer a call made to
one outgoing trunk to another outgoing trunk without restrictions
based on supervision. Trunk to trunk connection features such
as TGAR/TARG and Trunk Barring still apply as appropriate.
Enter NO to indicate that the transfer is allowed only if conditions
regarding supervision are met. This prompt only applies to
situations involving two calls originated by the same caller.
FTOP (FRES)
TBFT FTTB
FTLY
Flexible Trunk to Trunk Connection Option

EXTERNAL XFER
CDB
Net Data - TRNX-YES
EXTT-YES

RDR Data - CFF (not CFO)
FTR Data - CFF

Mato' Was'aka

I would also be looking at the NEDC and FEDC values of the trunk route. Those were (and still are) the original way to limit trunk to trunk.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

i've never seen near and far end disconnect control used as trunk to trunk block.. it does need to be set to eth IF they are analog and your having trouble with trunks "hanging"

1st thing i look at is matching targs.. that's an auto block in any database.. the next thing is the ncos of the trunk itself.. it has to be high enough to make the call.. if your station has to be ncos 1 or higher to make a call, so does your inbound trunk.. since did in to did out, tandem call never falls under any station control, cff/cfo will not change the problem..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

triad1, Did you get a solution for your problem. i have the same issue happened with me

We are having the same issue with did trunk to did trunk transfers. Our nortel var told us that we need to buy the package 409 global plug-in.
I dont understand this since we are already able to transfer using a t-1 from the same system. Does that make a difference?
I apologize for my lack of education on this.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back