Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID routes to the attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrake61

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2002
US
I have a Definity G3 ver 6.
We changed our provider a while back and everything was working fine. We also had some extra DID lines that were not being used. When I set up the extension for the DID line every thing worked except that when the number is dialed from an outside line it routes to the attendant. We have other numbers that are similar that are working. I'm at my wits end. Could use some help. Any of the extra numbers are doing the same thing.

Does this go though your Intuity first? Almost sounds like what would happen if there is no VM box for the extension

Are the extra DID numbers different from the DID numbers you already had (the first numbers that is) and if yes did you program them on the trunk form page 3?

In the system-parameters feature form there is an option "DID/Tie/ISDN Intercept treatment:" default setting is ATTD. So all incomming numbers that are not extension numbers in the PABX will be routed to the ATTD.

Hope this helps.

DO us a favor and paste the page details for the DID in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back