Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID/PRI calls follow external c/fwd from any set??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcommusa

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
I have a site that has their main did/target line appear-only on all office extensions.
They back-up the operator who steps away on occasion-(she has 4 appearences of main DID)
Each extension has their own direct DID appear & ring.
Some extensions call fwd-external to their cell phones.
When they do this-the 2nd call coming in to the main #/target line follows the call forwarding of who ever is externally call/forwarded?
No line-re-direct etc. on main phone.
The main DID "APPEARS ONLY" on these sets.
The only way I could correct this is to eliminate the appearence of main DID from any set that wants to call/fwd-external & it works fine.
Any ideas? Normal operation? I would think the the line would have to appear & ring in order to follow call/fwd??
Thanks...

Is your Prime Set on the Main DID the main recept DN?

"Adversity is Opportunity

If you make up a hunt group with the backup answering position people the members of that hunt group and the DID target line assigned to that hunt group. set the appearance of the members to be appear only or even appear and ring if you need to. remove the appearance of the DID target line from the sets.

calls to a hunt group do not follow forwarding rules.

you didn't say what the alert signal (ring) was to let your backups know that they had to answer the calls but if you want to start out quiet you could leave the appearancaes all appear only with an overflow to another hunt group that rings the phones.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

The main line-(DID/target)only appears-no-ring on the back-up sets.
They can hear the main operator set ring on inbound calls & before they started using c/fwd-external they would have a visual of the main line on their set & simply answer it when the operator wasn't @ her desk by pressing the line key.
To correct this issue I removed the appearence of the main line from their set & told them to use their call p/up key to answer these calls.
This works & they can use c/fwd external.
I didn't think a "appear only" line would follow c/fwd?

It should not do that, it should just ring the main and flash on the others with app only. Have you checked the prime on the trunks? And does it happen to every set with app only?

Have you tried power cycling the system? I've seen that clear loads of screwy bugs...

The only issue I could see with group pickup is someone mistaking a ringing call at another ext as a call on the main line. Maybe directed pickup is a better interim solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back