Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID porting with a 81 and 51 tied together????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPhoneDaddy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2007
CA
I'm potentially porting over a DID range of 6000 to 6999 to another vendor. My systems are a 81 tied together with a 51. My question is how do I verify that the DID's are delivered to the 81 versus the 51?

Thanks, BPD....

Turn on Dchannel messaging in load 96. Do the did's come in on PRI's?

If your porting over to another vendor your either going to need a new T1 or a new group of copper trunks, which you control where they go.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I have some DID that I can monitor to see what there hitting. What is the correct LD and process to monitor them?

LD 80 for Trace. If these are PRI, then the command is TRAD LL CC (LLoop CChannel)

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Is there a way to monitor the station to see what it was ebig called on (circuit) or a way to capture all incoming active calls to verify the circuits.

LD 60 will just tell you if the circuit is busy, but not why or to whom. LD 80 is "Trace". You can Trace any TN, and you can use "Enhanced Trace" to continually monitor a TN.

You can also use a CDR data stream to collect Trunk and Station activity.

I would be opening the books and going to the LD 80 section.

Books here:

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

If you reall need to get down to details.. use a line not tied to the phone system. Then use ld 80,then dial the first number in your did range then inclement by 20 or 30 numbers untill you reach the end of your range. During the cut over the most vendors usally port the numbers in groups untill the entire range is ported.

OK, looks like the 51 is connect to the 81 via tie line:
>LD 60
DTI000
.STAT

DTI TRK LOOP 2 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/DG2
TRACKING
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS: YES
ALARM STATUS : NO ALARM
CH 01 - IDLE TIE CH 02 - IDLE TIE
CH 03 - IDLE TIE CH 04 - IDLE TIE
CH 05 - IDLE TIE CH 06 - IDLE TIE
CH 07 - IDLE TIE CH 08 - IDLE TIE
CH 09 - IDLE TIE CH 10 - IDLE TIE
CH 11 - IDLE TIE CH 12 - IDLE TIE
CH 13 - IDLE TIE CH 14 - IDLE TIE
CH 15 - IDLE TIE CH 16 - IDLE TIE
CH 17 - IDLE TIE CH 18 - IDLE TIE
CH 19 - IDLE TIE CH 20 - IDLE TIE
CH 21 - IDLE TIE CH 22 - IDLE TIE
CH 23 - IDLE TIE CH 24 - IDLE TIE

How do I check for copper trunks? I think that they may be coming in on DID or group/loop trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back