Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID not showing up on line appearence when being transfered 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalMind

Programmer
Aug 31, 2004
CA
Hi guys,
it's been a while since i've been here asking for help, but here I go again !

Customer has MICS with 7.0 software (maybe 7.1, sorry can't remember)

I just installed a PRI, with 3 DID's for 3 different companies. I setup the target line #'s 165, 166, and 167 with 6 button appearences for each and labelled them so she knows what company name to use when answering.

If the lines were set to appear and ring on the phone it DOES appear on the right button, the problem is that ALL calls first get answered by the auto-attendant, and then when dialing ZERO to transfer to reception it's ringing on the INTERCOM buttons ! (So we have no idea what line they called in on) I was under the impression that it should ring on the line appearences for that DID, but it's not and it's very important that it does.

Is this normal ?
Is there a workaround ? (The best I can think of is to set the operator for each AA table to go to a seperate hunt group, and then assign the reception to each of them, but that will only work for the 1st incoming call I believe)

Help ???

Your solution with the hunt groups will work. What I do is give the attendant 5-6 intercom keys and have the hunt groups ring only. You can name them with the name of the company and even give each a distinct ring so she knows which company the call is for. The biggest drawback is that if there is no answer, the calls don't follow normal forwarding paths. To get around this, just overflow the HG to the DN of your voicemail.

IT's very important that calls go to AA first. It's the way they've been workin for years.

I'll give it a shot today countrytime to see if this will work.

If anyone else has idea's, let me know ..

Thanks !

I'm really surprised by all this.

Can others please confirm this :

When a call is answered by AA and then transfered to a phone that DOES have an appearence for that Target line, it DOESN'T ring on the target line button but instead on the intercom ?!?!?!

That is correct. Once the AA gets it, it's treated like an internal transfer. If they are POTS lines it would come on the Line button, but PRI, no.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back